Sunday, 22 November 2009

Writing Styles 2: First Draft


An Opportunity Not to be Missed!...

Matthew Bourne’s groundbreaking production of Swan Lake is returning to stages across the UK this December for a limited time only!

Don’t miss your opportunity to witness one of the most popular productions of our time live on stage! Set to Tchaikovsky’s famous score, Bourne’s celebrated re-invention of Swan Lake fuses the beauty of dance with the power of drama, creating a truly unforgettable evening.

Bourne’s legendary version of Swan Lake is like no other. It is the first and only production to replace the traditional female corps de ballet of swans with a more daring, formidable, all-male cast. The definitive spectacle of our time has generated an unbelievable following since its creation in 1995, delighting audiences on a global level. Back by popular demand, with a dazzling new cast of dancers, the forthcoming 2009/10 tour is set to be the event of the decade!

Swan Lake will be performed in 10 of the UK’s foremost theatres, opening at the world famous Sadler’s Wells Theatre in London this December. Tickets for this eagerly awaited event are selling at a phenomenal pace, so be sure to book your seat early to avoid disappointment.

Bourne’s Swan Lake has already wowed audiences in countries as far as America and Australia, collecting over 30 international awards in recognition of its extraordinary popularity. Regarded as a modern-day masterpiece, it has won an outstanding level of critical acclaim, unparalleled by any other piece of theatre.

The phenomenon that is Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake is set to confirm its place in the history books as the greatest show of our time ...Make sure that YOU are a part of it!




Critical acclaim for Bourne's Swan Lake:

“...a classic in its own right and remains the best piece of dance theatre you’re ever likely to see” What’s On in London

“One of Britain’s most spectacular artistic triumphs” The Evening Standard

“SEE IT. Or live to regret it.” Independent on Sunday


Tour Dates 2009/10:

Sadler’s Wells, London
10th December – 24th January

New Victoria Theatre, Woking
26th – 30th January

Milton Keynes Theatre, Milton Keynes
1st – 7th February

The Hippodrome, Birmingham
8th – 14th February

Regent Theatre, Stoke
15th – 21st February

The Lowry, Salford
1st – 7th March

Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff
8th – 14th March

Theatre Royal, Newcastle
15th – 28th March

Alhambra Theatre, Bradford
29th March – 4th April

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, i think your marketing of Swan Lake is very good because in almost every paragraph you have either said Swan Lake or Matthew Bourne, i imagined this on a poster and thought if i didn't have time to read all of it i would still know that Matthew Bourne is bringing back Swan Lake because you mention it throughout.
    I think this is very clever and certainly gets my attention.
    The information is clear and precise and i like the fact that the pictures break up the text it's something that i need to think about in my marketing piece as pictures can instantly make people look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again I can tell straight away that this is your marketing piece. I really like the way this piece pulls the reader in. It makes me feel like I will be really missing out as I can not get to a performance! I think you have used the pictures well. As sometimes more is said with a picture than with words.
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both for your comments; I'm glad you appreciate the use of pictures. I too feel that a lot can be said through a picture, and it also helps the reader to visualise the product that is being marketed.
    I find it interesting that you picked up on my use of 'Swan Lake' and 'Matthew Bourne' within the text Abbi. I had noticed this myself, but had actually regarded it as a negative aspect of my work. To me, my writing seemed too repetitive. I'm glad that you have pointed out the advantage of this though. I hadn't considered that for those skim-reading the text (as people often do when it comes to advertisements), this repetition will ensure that they at least understand what is being marketed.
    Have either of you seen any of Matthew Bourne's work before? I've actually been watching Swan Lake on youtube as it's been a few years since I last saw this production. The recording is very good, and would be worth a quick look if you're interested! (I'd recommend watching the beginning of Act II).

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello laura
    I don't think your piece is repetitive. I agree with Abbi that it is a positive to your work within this piece. I saw some of his work many years ago on a school trip to london. I have just watched the clips on youtube....beautiful. It's lovely to watch a different style of ballet, with the cast being male.

    ReplyDelete