Monday, 29 March 2010

Where's that bullet now?...

Well, after having bitten the bullet I've certainly got my teeth stuck into it! This topic is one that is reallly gripping me... What better way to combat the woes of unemployment than to engross oneself in a project? And to base it on the very subject of unemployed dancers makes me feel as though I am tackling the problem head on and defeating not the issue itself, but its negative symptoms at least.

A section of the video entitled "Designing a research question" posted on Peter's blog hit the nail on the head in summarising how I feel about my topic choice. Around 2 minutes 45 seconds in, the speaker advises:

"Choose something that nags away at you; choose something that sort of creates an itch in your thinking, as it were; that you really really want to get to grips with, you want to solve or find out more about."

The more I put into the task at hand, the more I feel I am getting to grips with the issue of unemployment. What better motivation to drive my project forwards...




Designing a research project, 2008 [Videoclip], YouTube: strideproject.
Available from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEuzeL061wM [Accessed 29 March 2010].

1 comment:

  1. Laura - it is a good topic - lots of places to go with it - but focus it down to a manageable size- also - how businesses closing affects unemployment?
    Paula

    ReplyDelete